We recommend use backup features of your hosting. The way described below is just the fallback option.
In case you would like to backup your website, you can follow the steps below:
- Download All-in-one WP Migration plugin and install it.
- Navigate to Site Migration > Export.
- Click to Advanced option to expand them. Select checkboxes to choose data that don’t need to be backed-up (sometimes, excluding themes and plugins may be a good idea).
- Click on Eхport button to start exporting.
- Navigate to Site Migration > Export. Then drag&drop the backup file to upload it.
- Wait to finish.
Other useful plugins & resources: